Posted on: October 17, 2020
Bakers assists with the daily production of baked food products our customers have come to love. Our ideal Desserts Etc. Baker is self-driven, motivated, enthusiastic, and hard-working who will create an experience for our customers by providing legendary customer service with a delicious, beautiful, and quality products.
- Follow daily production list and bake required quantities of baked goods, follow date coding and labeling requirements
- Ensure all quality standards are met and baked items are baked according to specifications
- Monitor baked goods and bake as needed to keep up demand: items such as quick breads, cookies, cakes, brownies, frostings, baked oatmeal and quiche.
- Transport bakery items to various locations of the Hershey Pantry Restaurant Group
- Maintaining cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements
- Follow health and safety guidelines
- High quality customer service
- Assist our guests with their Dessert orders
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Must have working knowledge of producing various bakery items such as quick breads, cookies, cakes, brownies, frostings, various proof and bake products, and regional specialties such as baked oatmeal.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and remain focused, accurate and efficient
- Must be able to understand and follow workplace safety requirements
- Must be able to handle and move ingredients, tools, and hot cooking pans
- Must be able to read recipes, labels, and instructions to properly measure and assemble ingredients
- Must be able to properly measure ingredients and prepare food (cut, mix, slice and weigh ingredients)
- This role will require employees to monitor baking items and use hot ovens for baking
- Must maintain a neat appearance and adhere to the uniform standards
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and fellow coworkers
- Basic math skills (add/subtract)
- Physical Requirements include: bending, carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds, grasping, hearing, pulling, pushing, reaching, sight or peripheral vision, standing, twisting, communication, unloading, walking and weighing.
- Must have flexibility with schedule and be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Passionate about industry.